Vegetable Spaghetti is super tasty both raw and cooked. In the past you had to be a magician with a sharp knife to cut your cucumber, carrot and zucchini into thin strips nowadays there are many tools on the market that can help you.
For example the OXO julienne peeler
, a kind potato peeler which you use to can cut thin strips of vegetables. The name is not entirely correct: julienne simply indicates that the vegetable strips have a size of a matchstick. With the peeler you can make longer and thinner noodles. This handy kitchen gadget will help you to make the best dishes, like vegetable rosti.
- 600 grams pattos
- 250 grams pumpkin
- parsnip or sweet potato (pumpkin I like best)
- 2 uien
- 1 / 2 bunch chopped cilantro
- plant vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the vegetables
- Cut the onion into very thin slices
- Cut the potatoes and pumpkin with julienne grater
- Mix all vegetables
- Spoon half the coriander
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Grab Some of the vegetable mixture and press it between your palms a cookie
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok
- Fry rostikoekjes (while rotating)
- Let them drain on kitchen paper and garnish with the remaining coriander
- You can mix up the ingredients with the other vegetables and herbs. However, the amount of potatoes in the recipe are needed to bind the mixier with the naturally occurring starch.
Julienne Peeler http://www.juliennepeeler.info/